Are you on Facebook? I’ve had a personal Facebook profile for a while. I’m definitely not one of these people with thousands of friends – I pretty much only friend and accept friend requests from people I actually know in person and want to stay in touch with.
But when I started my business so many people said, “OMG, you simply must have a Facebook presence for your business!” So I created a business page.
But then it pretty much just sat there neglected and alone because I really didn’t know what I was supposed to do with it, how to leverage Facebook for my business or even how to do some pretty simple things on my biz page.
Enter Karen Clark of My Business Presence.
I first heard Karen on a teleseminar that she did for The Mind Aware about Facebook and how you can use it to build the online presence for your business.
Karen is an expert in all things social media related. She knows her stuff: Facebook, Twitter, Linked in…you name it.
Here are just a couple of things I learned from Karen:
- Did you know that social media websites (like your Facebook business page) can show up higher in search engine rankings than your blog or website? And a Facebook page is a whole lot easier to set up and maintain than a blog or website to boot.
- With 750 million Facebook users, there is a huge chance that some of them just may be your perfect customer or reader of your blog. What an opportunity.
- How to drive people to your Facebook business page from your Facebook personal profile.
- How to improve the odds of Google and other search engines finding your business page.
- One of the most important things I learned from Karen was an easy method to work Facebook in a way that is efficient and helpful to your business without being a major time sink hole.
If you’re looking for a way to build the online presence for your business or blog, I highly recommend Karen Clark at My Business Presence. On her website, you’ll also find free tutorials, reports and videos on how to help build your online presence. Go check it out!
Do you have a Facebook page for your blog or business?
Linking up to Tatertots and Jello’s Weekend Wrapup Party!