1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Place butter and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once the butter begins to melt, stir constantly, until the mixture is the color of a brown paper bag. You really do have to stand at the stove the whole time once it starts bubbling. This stuff is hot, so stir carefully.
3. As soon as it’s the color of a brown paper bag, pour it onto a baking sheet and spread it around evenly. Immediately sprinkle on chocolate chips. They’ll start to melt immediately.
4. Using a knife or spatula, evenly spread melted chocolate chips.
5. Sprinkle chopped pecans over melted chocolate. Chill.
6. When it’s hardened, break into pieces. This recipe makes four gift bag sized servings.